Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Ultimate Issues:Suicide

"I curse the day I was born!....Why was I ever born? My entire life has been filled with trouble, sorrow, and shame."

This doesn't sound like one of God's greatest prophets, Yet it is! It's Jeremiah, pouring his heart out to God (Jeremiah 20:14,18), wishing he's never been born.

Have you ever flet this king of despair? Problems like broken relationships, misunderstanding, abuse, or changes in family life (for example, divorce) can trigger feelings of despair or helplessness. For some, though, these feelings become do intense that death seems more desirable than life. Statistics show that suicide is the second or third leading cause of death among American teens. Everyone occasionally faces despair, but why does one person struggle through while another ends his life?" The critcal factor is loss of hope. A suicidal person looks at his or her problems and says, "I am powerless to change things. What's more, I have no hope that things will get better." So what do you do whenyou--or someone you care about--decide you simply want to en it all?

First, remember you're not alone. Everyone has felt that way. If others can deal with it, you can, too.

Second, don't believe the lie that your circumstances will never change. They can. Sometimes all you need is time.

Third, know the danger signals that indicate someone might be considering suicide: withdrawl; decreased academic performance; drug abuse; approaching the anniversary date of a signigicant loss or death; previous suicide attempts; family history of suicide; one or more of these signals, get help from someone you can trust. You might also contact the National Suicide Hotline: 1-800-SUICIDE--(1-800-784-2433).

Finally, remember, even if it seems no one else care baout you and your pain, God cares. You can trust him with your deepest fears or sorrow.

Romans 8:38-39- "I am conviced that nothing can ever separate us from God's love. Neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither out fears for today nor our worries about tomorrow---not even the powers of hell can separate us from God's love. No power in the sky above or in the earth below--indeed, nothing in all creation will ever be able to separate us from the love of God that is revealed in Christ Jesus our Lord."

Psalm 23- The Lord is my shepherd; I have all that I need. He lets me rest in green meadows; he leads me beside peaceful streams. He renews my strength. He guides me along right paths, bringing honor to his name. Even when I walk through the darkest valley, I will not be afraid, for you are close beside me. Your rod and your staff protect and comfort me. Your prepare a feast for me in the presence of my enemies. Your honor me by anointing my head with oil. My cup overflows with blessings. Surely your goodness and unfailing love will pursue me all the days of my life, and I will live in the house of the Lord forever.

As much as it seems like life is painful and filled with hate, just remember that you are not alone. I was once was there in that place. My past haunted me and I couldn't think of it getting any better, but it did. I have found the Lord and I have to admit that it hasn't been easy because the devil doesn't want to let you go. I have been in a battle, but I haven't been bad enough to let myself give up because I know that the Lord is there with me. You are worthy of the love that God has for you, and you are worthy to live. If you need any one to talk to I am a wonderful listener just contact me by email. You are a child of God and as your Father He won't let his child go without a Fight.

No comments:

Post a Comment