Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Same Sex Marriage.......Chick-fil-A

There has been a lot of talk recently about same sex marriages and Chick-fil-A. Chick-fil-A is run by devout Christians who believe in strong marriages, devoted families, and the highest standards of character for their workers. There mission is to "Glorify God" and "enrich the lives of everyone we touch." They are also close on Sundays to give their employees the chance to worship and rest. I fully support their beliefs in what they are doing. Now I am not her to place judgment on any one, that is not my place. I am just trying to clarified what the Bible says about homosexual acts, since I have seen people get it wrong, but first I want to tell you a little about myself. This will show you that I am not here to place judgment on the homosexuals.

I have family and friends that are gay and I love them like any other person. I myself at one point had gay relationships, well it wasn't until this year when I stopped my activities. For most of my lift I had fought my feelings toward other women because I was taught that being gay was a sin. Then I started telling myself; how can this be a sin? People can't help who they fall in love with or have an attraction to. If it was such a sin, then why does it feel so good? So of course I started acting on my feelings toward women. At this point I wasn't attending church as much. After a relationship broke up, I went back to church. I had this feeling that what I was doing was wrong, I was feeling it for awhile, but I kept doing my homosexual acts.

It wasn't until a few months ago and some counseling, that I completely changed my perspective. I knew what I was doing was wrong and ask for help with this issue among others as well. I was in a middle of a relationship when I decided to choose the path of God. Breaking off the relationship with her was very hard. I loved her and still do, but I had to do what was right. You may ask; what makes me right about what I was doing was wrong and that being gay is a sin? I will show you.

In 1 John 5:17 it states that All Unrighteousness is sin: but not all sin leads to death. When the Bible means death, they are talking about the Death of Your Soul. You commit sin and don't repent your sin to the Lord, ask for forgiveness, believe in Him and not commit that sin again, then you will face death. If you do all those things then God promises you eternal life. Knowing that All unrighteousness is sin brings me to 1 Corinthians 6:9.

New Living Translation (NLT) version: Don't you realize that those who do wrong will not inherit the kingdom of God? Don't fool yourselves. Those who indulge in sexual sin, or who worship idols, or commit adultery, or are male prostitutes, or practice homosexuality....

King James Version (KJV) version: Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, not idolaters, nor adulterers, not effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind.....

I have heard someone said that why should we live by Paul's values on homosexuality. Just because Paul wrote books in the Bible doesn't make it any less true. The Bible is God's law and truth, so why not live by what Paul wrote. Where do you think he got it from? He lived the way of Jesus his Lord, as we should. Every person needs to be born again. John 3:3 Jesus said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God. This word born again means to be born from above. Our Spirit man receives the Living spirit of God. We are three part beings created in the image of God...Body, Soul and Spirit. The body is this earthly container. The Soul contains our mind, will and emotions. We live in the soul realm. Close your eyes....this is the soul realm...now the Spirit is in belly....

John 7:38 He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water.

We are at the mercy of our soul when our soul (mind, will, emotion) is out of control. Don't give in to Sins that so easily entangle us. At this point I am speaking the sin of Homosexuality, but this also contains all sin that we all commit. Our Flesh (body and soul) wants the pleasure that comes from committing sin.We live in a world that what ever sin we commit is everyday life, so we don't think twice about what committing those sin would do. I was committing a sin of homosexuality, once I realized and accepted what I was doing is wrong I stopped and ask for forgiveness. I didn't change my way of life because I was pressured into it by family or other Christians. I didn't get any hatred from other Christians either. After doing my homework on the Bible and praying to God I made my decision. The choice was always up to me, as it is up to you as well. I took control of my thought and emotions and remember the inward presence of God. I found truth within Him and I have never been happier because of it. Of course I still have some test thrown my way because I am fairly new out of this sin. My flesh still craves for sin, but my spirit and in the name of Jesus Christ will control it.

You have the choice to choose your path, that is why God gave us free will. He doesn't want to force you to love Him. He wants your love to be genuine and come from your heart. James 4:8 Draw near to God and he will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands, you sinners, and purify your hearts, you men of double mind. When you love God you won't have any problems changing your ways of life. We can't be perfect like Jesus, but we can do our best to follow Him.

To all the Gay people out there, I Love You, just as Jesus loves you. I can relate to you, but I don't agree with you. Just because someone doesn't hold the same beliefs as you do, doesn't mean that you have to ridicule them. The people that are for gay marriage shouldn't try to make Chick-fil-A change their beliefs or keep them from opening a restaurant because they don't hold the same beliefs. We are intitled to have our opinion on things. All I can do it speak the truth about God's Word, it is up to you to do your part.

2 comments:

  1. What a blessing to read this! My sweet niece I have prayed for you sometime! Sin is sin and praise God for the mercy and love of God towards us and great patience for us. My heart rejoices greatly to see my prayers have been answered. We are to love the sinner not the sin. My sin before God was no different than yOurs. I am Praying God will use your blog to give glory to God! I realize this topic is hard and many will misunderstand but praise the lord for your willingness to share and show truth! Auntie is praying for you sweets! Love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for sharing this Mindy! Let's continue to pray the Lords prayer for each other and for God to really move on the church in our nation to bring the whole body back to His heart and His ways. He is truly mighty and able to do exceedingly above what we could ask or think! God Bless You!

    ReplyDelete